The Essentials / Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
4 years ago by
If you love potatoes and you like to smash things this recipe is for you.
This recipe has only 5 ingredients (or 7, if you want to make em extra fancy) and is an amazing side dish. Plus, it’s therapeutic to take all of your frustrations out on tiny innocent potatoes. All you need is your favorite flat kitchen tool to smack your taters. I usually use the bottom of a dry cup measurer, but you can use basically anything (the bottom of a mug, a mallet, a cake server… whatever). Honestly, even though it’s not flat, the underside of a ladle works too. I love to serve these with a lemon roasted chicken, pan-seared rib eye steak (I have a recipe for that on my website, Nosh with Tash) or with a big chopped salad, as a carby bonus!
Have fun and you can thank me later. :)
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
3. Throw the whole potatoes on there.
4. Toss in half of the olive oil and all of the salt and pepper, give them a even mixing to coat the potatoes.
5. Bake until they’re fork tender, about 40 minutes.
6. Smash those potatoes with a flat object, so that all the potatoes are about 1/4th of an inch thick.
7. Once they’ve been sufficiently put in their place, drizzle the potatoes with the rest of the olive oil.
8. Toss rosemary onto the baking dish.
9. Cook until the edges begin to look crispy, another 15 minutes or so.
10. Finish with a little more salt, parsley and perhaps some red pepper flakes (if you’re feeling really wild).
Looks and must be…Delicious !!! Parabéns , Natty!!!
This looks so good!
Mireia from TGL
looks very delicious maybe later I will try your recipe. Thx
I am really happy after this online website.